Thursday, September 25, 2008

Learning to bend the rules...

While I have never considered myself too caught up in rules or the way things need to be, impending parenthood seems to bring that side out in most of us. But as soon as the baby is actually here it all seems to go out the window. For example:

The pros say to avoid the pacifier...but if I didn't use it my kiddo would be attached to me all day.

In the middle of a particularly long night, I moved him to the vibrating bouncy seat...and we had our best night's sleep since he was born.

Baths seem to only occur once every other day.

I had great aspirations to use cloth diapers...think I will be using flushables (check out gdiapers.com). A friend gave me a pack and I am kinda crazy about them.

I thought I would move Aiden out of the travel crib (that was in our bedroom) after a week...It took me five BUT he seems to have adjusted just fine. In fact, I put him in there with his Paci and he put himself to sleep last night!


Guilt and motherhood seem to have a strange connection...but I am learning to not feed the machine...

No comments: